Monday, May 4, 2009

shit driver award

i got myself into another accident today..it's my 2nd one in a few months.. feeling kinda shitty about it.. it's like i know this accident is coming sooner or later by the way i was driving.. i had this nagging feeling if i don't change my driving style i'll get into one of these accidents but i still drove like an asshole and now i got my car banged up.. hopefully it's still repairable.. so now i'm feeling like the world's worst driving.. shit driver award goes to me man..

long story short i couldn't brake in time and i banged some lady's myvi.. her rear bumper had some scratches and her sensors came off other than that it was okay..at 1st i thought my car was in even better shape as it didn't seem to have any extra dents or scratches.. after my bro helped me settle with the lady i drove back thinking nothing was wrong.. after less than 2 minutes into my drive i noticed the sound of my engine wasn't right and i realised my temperature meter was hitting the H part so i know something was very wrong.. i quickly called my mom to tell her i'll be going to the workshop and i drove the car as carefully as possible.. when i reached the workshop the engine somehow wouldn't shut down so the mechanic manually turned it off..when he popped the hood steam was coming from the radiator..my engine was overheated like crazy.. he said he needs at least 3 days to repair it.. even though he's been working on this old Toyota Starlet for so many years from the tone of his voice i can tell he's not really confident on fixing it.. he said something like "if it's fixable then i'll fix but the parts are really hard to find".. so fingers crossed i'll still have a car to drive

while waiting for my mom to come the mechanic jokingly said "so it's time to change car huh" and i was like "yeah maybe".. i mean i don't mind driving this car but it's really starting to feel unsafe.. of course having a newer car will always be better since it's much safer but i'm just so used to driving my Starlet.. even though it sounds rather corny but i'm rather attached to the car..feels like it's part of me.. so i'm rather undecided should i ask my dad for a new car or stick with the old one if it's fixable.. i don't mind having a 2nd hand car as long as it's nice and easy to drive and of course it's a manual car.. but then again financial issues i guess..i wouldn't wanna burden my dad..

so for now i don't have a car..going to college and coming back will be a hassle since i'm used to driving here everyday.. i'm seriously wishing the best for my car..

No comments: